1 km from ”Far Niente” is Wilderness Village, where there is a Mini Market, Laundromat, Post Office, Pharmacy, Information Bureau and numerous small shops. There is also a variety of good restaurants. 7 km away is The Garden Route Shopping Mall in Eastern George. Here you will find a Supermarket, over 300 shops, banks, cinemas and more restaurants. George Airport is 16 km away.
From George Airport to “Far Niente” (16 km):
- Follow the signs to the N2 highway
- turn left onto the highway in the direction of George/Port Elizabeth
- Follow the N2 which bypasses George, after which it joins up with the road from George to Wilderness, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and eventually Port Elizabeth.
- Keep on this road, which, after passing the Victoria Bay turn off on the right, descends down the beautiful Kaaimans Pass (Beware of speed Traps), up past Dolphins Point, and then down the mountain, with the sea on your right.
- Here, as you enter Wilderness, the road becomes a two-way with a separating island.
- Take the first turning right into Station Road, following it as it doubles back and crosses the railway line to a T junction.
- Turn right into Sands Road and follow it to “Far Niente”, number 13 on the left.
From Knysna to “Far Niente” (52 km):
- Take the N2 from Knysna in the direction of George / Cape Town.
- The road takes you through Sedgefield and later enters Wilderness via the bridge where the Touw River runs into the sea.
- After crossing the bridge, and travelling 400m further, take the first turning left into Sands Road. Follow it to “Far Niente”, Number 13 on the left.